First implemented: March 20, 2018
If you do not accept the use of these cookies, please disable them by changing your browser settings so that cookies from the Site cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device as described in Section 4.
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you access our services. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies to identify that you’ve accessed the Site. A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our Site. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our Site. A persistent cookie will remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies when we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in to our Site.
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Site;
- understand the total number of visitors to our Site on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g., Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of the Site and to continually improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience; and
- enable us to advertise off this Site.
3. What types of cookies we use and what they are for?
The types of cookies used by us in connection with the Site can be classified into one of four categories, namely ‘essential Site cookies’, ‘functionality cookies’, ‘analytics and performance cookies’ and ‘advertising cookies’. We’ve set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we set below: Essential cookies
These cookies are essential to provide you with this Site and any services available through the Site and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like secure login accounts, would not be possible. Functionality cookies Functionality cookies record information about choices you’ve made and allow us to tailor the Site to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Site, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage, if applicable;
- Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
- Show you when you are logged in; and
- Store accessibility options.
Performance / Analytics Cookies
We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site. For example, these cookies allow us to:
- Better understand our Site visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
- Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
- Collect information about Site visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
- Determine the number of unique users of the Site;
- Improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
Advertising and Tracking Cookies
We allow third party advertising companies to place cookies on our Site. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These cookies are anonymous — they store information about the content you are browsing, but not about who you are.
4. How to manage or remove cookies
6. Cookies set in the past
If you have disabled on or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
7. Contact us
Symphony Communication Services, LLC
565 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Attn: General Counsel