California Privacy Notice
Privacy, cookies and terms
Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents
First Implemented: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Symphony is both a “business” and a “service provider” under the CCPA, depending on which kind of User you are. This Notice applies only to personal information we collect in our role as a business. We act as a business when we collect and use personal information about Direct Users of the Symphony Services and Visitors of the Site.
If you are an Authorized User: (1) we act as a service provider to, and follow the instructions of, your Company (e.g., your employer) with respect to how we process your personal information; and (2) if you would like more information about how your personal information is processed or your rights under the CCPA, please contact your Company directly.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, we have collected and disclosed for business purposes* the following categories of personal information about Direct Users and Visitors (and, depending on whether you are Direct User or a Visitor, we may not have collected or disclosed any or all of this information):
- Identifiers, such as your name, IP address, email alias, email address, mobile device identifier, zip code, and date of birth. This information is collected from you and/or your device when you access the Services or register for an Account, and it is collected to create your Account and to provide, improve, and personalize the Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as Cookies and Usage Data. This information is collected directly from you and your device to provide, improve, and personalize the Services.
- Geolocation data derived from your IP address or obtained from your device’s location services (including GPS coordinates or coarse location). This information is collected directly from your device to improve and personalize our Services.
- Visual information such as Direct Users’ profile pictures which are uploaded into the Symphony Services by you and are collected to provide the Services.
- Professional or employment-related information such as your employer name, job title, and job description. This information is collected directly from you and is collected to provide, improve, and personalize the Services.
Symphony does not, and during the past 12 months did not, “sell” personal information of California residents (as such term is defined in the CCPA).
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a Direct User or a Visitor who is a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you, free of charge, the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
- Request we delete personal information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or deny goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a Direct User or Visitor to whom the CCPA applies, you may contact us to exercise your rights at email@example.com. Once we receive your request, we will review it, determine whether we can verify your identity, and process the request accordingly. If we need additional information to verify your identity or to respond to your request, we will let you know. We aim to fulfill all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
Additionally, if you are a Direct User, you can access the following types of your personal information at any time by logging into your Account:
- Email address;
- Email alias;
- Any personal information you have elected to include in your Profile Data;
- Any other personal information contained in your Posted Data